Glass is synonymous with quality and its many characteristics, from the different textures, its clarity and striking colours, have led to the beautiful packaging becoming iconic. We have a heart for glass and so should you!
There are many reasons to love glass; it’s the healthiest packaging solution as it is inert, it preserves the flavour of food and drink, can be recycled over and over again, and is a beautiful, natural substance.
The benefits of using glass packaging are endless. To better convince South Africans of this and that they should love glass this February, TGRC showcases five reasons to have a heart for glass:
- Glass bottles can be returned and refilled repeatedly
- Returnable glass bottles are sterilised and refilled. Certain returnable glass bottles can be taken back to your retailer after which they are refilled by the beverage manufacturer. Returnable bottles include quart beer bottles, glass cold drink bottles and even many of the bottles used for spirits and liquor.
- Glass is easily reused
- Jars and bottles are great as décor items, and is also ideal for storing food items and your arts and crafts supplies.
- Glass is 100% recyclable
- This means glass can be recycled endlessly, in fact every new glass bottle and jar made in our country contains over 41% recycled glass!
- Glass is timeless and elegant
- Ever since the first glass bottles and jars were handcrafted, glass has become the only packaging type that inspires consumers to showcase it in their own homes for its aesthetic appeal.
We believe in the infinite potential of glass to make a real and positive contribution to society and is passionate about ensuring an increasing number of South Africans realise the value of recycling glass. As our core objective is to keep glass alive, the challenge put to all consumers is to try their best to return and recycle this environmentally friendly packaging.
Be inspired and have a heart for glass too!
During this month of love, why not show your love for the environment and start recycling your used glass? It doesn’t cost you anything and by having a heart for glass you will be making a difference!